February 24, 2006Comments (0)
| E-mail this to a friend
Why participate in "The Ambassador" voting?
How can we bring students together to vote?
- There is already an exciting buzz about "The Ambassador" with students around the world! Eytan Schwartz, the first "Ambassador," left a lasting impression on thousands of students at conferences and on campuses throughout this past year.
- Israeli students and students who were abroad in Israel during the show's first season cannot wait to be part of the second season and to get their friends energized about it.
- This is a great opportunity to put a creative spin on Israel programming, events related to Israel's upcoming elections, and to connect students to Israel in a new and innovative way.
- This is a great way to influence the next generation of Israel advocates by showing them creative and engaging ways to present Israel to the rest of the world.
- This is an opportunity to link students to other Jewish students and Hillels all around the world.
- There are many creative and exciting ways to bring "The Ambassador" to your campus:
- Plan a special viewing of the video clips and hold a special Israel event or Israeli elections discussion.
- Host a reality TV-themed event and screen the video clips.
- Show the video clips at a Taglit-birthright israel reunion event.
- Screen the video clips on your Hillel TV throughout the day, or before or after an event.
- Bring a laptop or a larger-sized projector to your tabling events and have students vote as they pass.
- Use the video clips as an opener for a screening of another great Israeli film.
- All voting events must take place between March 21-23.
- To participate, a minimum of 20 students per campus simply need to watch the short video clips and vote in any way that your campus determines from March 21-23.
- Voting can be done through secret ballot, a show of hands and a variety of other methods.
- Hundreds of students around the world will locally vote for who they think should be the winner. Each Hillel will tally their votes and submit them to Hillel's Schusterman International Center and producers of "The Ambassador" show in Israel.
- The votes must be submitted no later than 6 p.m. EST on March 23, noting the exact breakdown of the voting on campus between the five candidates.
- The two finalists will be chosen as a result of the overall Hillel vote.