Matisyahu’s New Spiritual Groove
The potential title of Matisyahu's next album, "Dream Awake," references the life the reggae artist has been leading the past several years as he moved from being a troubled suburban teenager into life as an observant Jew immersed at once in both the shtetl of his religious community and the world of reggae music.
But since making public that he is breaking off from Chabad-Lubavitch, the chasidic group to which he has been closely connected since before his 2004 debut album, things haven't always been dream-like.
Anti-Semitism on Campus - What should you know about anti-Semitism on campus today? Is it on the rise? What can be done to combat it?
Shaping the Israel Climate on Your Campus - While anti-Israel sentiment is often used to mask anti-Semitism, what are you to do if there is true anti-Israel sentiment on your future campus? The Israel on Campus Coalition provides some tips.
What College Means to a Jewish Teen - Being Jewish may going to Jewish summer camp or attending weekly Shabbat dinners. Either way, once you get to college how will you carve out a Jewish path for your future..
Getting to the Quad and College Applications
- Straight from the new book, “Getting To The Quad,” author Michael Bergman provides tips and suggestions that will help you dominate your applications and make those admissions officers be the ones wincing… at the sheer strength of your application.
Subscribe to the Chai Wire eNewsletter >>
A Very Hillel Chanukah
- There were menorahs made of bottle caps and magazines and ice, latkes were eaten and dreidel spinning records were broken. See how college students spent the Chanukah holiday. Hillel Student Leader Inspires Historic Bone Marrow Drive
- Inspired by her brother’s childhood battle with cancer, Syracuse Sophomore Helene Kahn organized a record-setting, life-saving bone marrow drive on her campus.Hillel at UNC Leads Campus AIDS Week Events
- North Carolina Hillel worked with more than 10 other campus organizations to sponsor World AIDS Week at UNC, bringing in speakers, as well as portions of the AIDS Memorial Quilt.
- After participating in Hillel’s Alternative Spring Break in Gulfport, Mississippi,
in 2006, Sarah Chasin took a year-long leave of absence from George Washington University, where she was then a sophomore, to rebuild Gulf communities.
Crank that Kosher Boy
- Check out this video, a Jewish twist on Soulja Boy's popular song.
- Adam Sandler sings about the adventures of a high school cafeteria lunchlady.