The program aims to:
- Create a safe space for dialogue in which members of the campus community – including students, faculty, and staff – can learn and discuss their thoughts and feelings about Israel
- Nurture exploration of the Jewish values that serve as the foundation for connection to Israel
- Challenge participants to examine their assumptions about Israel
- Expose participants to valuable information about Israel through course materials and joint learning in a pluralistic environment
- Offer a unique forum for unengaged students and/or Taglit – birthright israel alumni to participate in Jewish life on campus
By the end of the ten-week program, participants will:
- Challenge their prior perceptions of Israel through exposure to new information and perspectives.
- Gain a stronger sense of their individual Jewish identities, especially as they relate to Israel.
- Form a cohesive group and recognize others in the campus community with whom they can have meaningful conversations about Israel
- Be able to articulate their own feelings and thoughts about Israel
- Develop relationships with others who think and/or feel differently about Israel and Jewish identity.
Back to main talkspace: Israel page