Registration for Summer 2013 is Open!
How do I apply?
Each applicant must first register with Taglit-Birthright Israel. This asks for basic information such as name, birth date, social security number and email address. You will select an e-mail address as a user ID and a password. Make sure to write down the user ID and password.
You will receive a Confirmation e-mail from Taglit-Birthright Israel. This confirmed your e-mail address is correct, and includes a link to complete your registration.
You will also receive an e-mail from Hillel, with a link to pay your deposit and complete the application process.
Application Part 1
Part 1 of the application is also administered by Taglit-Birthright Israel (as opposed to Hillel).
Part 1 includes 8 sections:
- Section 1: Birth place and gender
- Section 2: Current and permanent addresses and information about your parents or guardian
- Section 3: Occupation and educational status
- Section 4: Jewish affiliation and questions about prior travel to Israel
- Section 5: Trip selection and passport information
- Section 6: The online Taglit-Birthright Israel Gift Waiver
- Section 7: The section to submit the $250.00 deposit. The deposit must be made on-line.
- Section 8: Confirmation of your e-mail address. You will select an e-mail address as a user ID and a password.(Please be aware that “.edu” email addresses will not be accepted by the Taglit registration system.)
Application Part 2
Part 2 of the application is administered by Hillel, not Taglit-Birthright Israel.
Part 2 includes:
- Medical and emergency information
- Rooming requests
Additionally, if you are confirmed as a participant:
- The Travel Information section which includes your bus number, flight code, flight numbers, and a link or form to extend your stay in Israel.
Using your User ID and password, you may return to the application at any time to view the "missing information" and see what information is still needed to process the full application.
You will be scheduled for an informational interview with a Hillel professional where you will need to sign this form:
Behavioral Guidelines Summer 2011 (PDF File 203Kb)
[Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher.]
Although this interview will determine eligibility, you will need to wait for more information on trip dates, departure cities and availability. This information should be available approximately six weeks before your trip.