142 search results for University of Chicago
- New, Veteran Hillel Professionals Share Secrets of Success at 2005 New Professionals Institute
- As Hillel President Avraham Infeld welcomed 80 newcomers to the Hillel world at the 2005 New Professionals Institute la ...
- -Ackerman said.
University of Illinois-Chicago Program Director Loren Wells is also familiar, coordinator at St. Louis Hillel at Washington University, spent several years working in the non, the position open at the Hillel at her alma mater, Washington University, it was too good to pass up, director at Hillel at the University of Miami.
"Going to NPI has been a revelation for me," agreed Vanderbilt University Hillel Executive Director Ari Dubin. "It really quieted a lot
- Welcoming the 2016 Masa-Hillel Fellows
- Meet the third cohort of Masa-Hillel Fellows. The six-month professional development seminar prepares current Masa Israel participants for Hillel work.
- outside of Chicago, Illinois. She graduated from the teacher education program at the University, , Arizona. She graduated from the University of Arizona in 2015 with a degree in Journalism, with a minor in Middle East Studies from the University of Maryland, College Park. Prior, , Missouri through Teach for America while receiving her Masters in Education through the University, fluent German. A graduate of Michigan State University, she studied Secondary Social Studies
- A Very Hillel Chanukah
- A student lights a menorah made of reclycled materials at the Green Menorah contest hosted by Hillels Around ...
- to the trash? How about making a chanukiah, or menorah? Hillels Around Chicago (HAC) challenged its, " program where they sold compact fluorescent light bulbs to the Rutgers University community. While, . University of Maryland has reclaimed the world record of most people spinning a dreidel, their dreidel spinning skills to break the previously held record of 541. University of Michigan Hillel, day. Unfortunately, like Indiana University's attempt the previous week, Michigan's fell short
- Tragedy at Virginia Tech
- On the day after a student murdered 32 individuals on campus, Virginia Tech Hillel Executive Director Sue Kurtz address ...
- that featured President George Bush, Virginia Governor Timothy Kaine, university administrators, of the righteous be a blessing."The convocation was intended to bring the university community together, got them food. Maybe that's my Jewish instinct," Mazor said.
While university officials worked, with an emergency grant of $10,000. Jewish students comprise approximately 1,200 of the university's, , the university has created a Jewish studies program which funds, in part, the Hillel on campus. Jewish
- United in Hunger and Holy Days
- Students engage in dialogue at a Ramadan break-fast hosted by Miami University Hillel. When Jordan Herskovitz, a ...
- , Hillel director for Loyola University in Chicago. "It's the environment we live in here, by Miami University Hillel. When Jordan Herskovitz, a University of Tulsa sophomore, sat down, on the same day," said Sarah Persitz, a senior at the University of Washington. "We thought: we'll, of friendship," said University of Washington junior and MSA public relations officer, Zakariya Dehlawi, of the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Hillel, is the stark contrast to the last lunar
- Student Leaders Shine at Third Russian Shabbaton
- By Jane CharneyIlana Gitman's red T-shirt said it all: "Kiss me. I'm Jewish." The shirt was only too appropriate for ...
- ago at Hillels Around Chicago: Multi-Campus Center, has evolved into an annual tradition, organizer Misha Zilbermint, a program associate at Hillels Around Chicago. "This way, they can easily, of a mezuzah, a photo of Tel Aviv and a map of Russia, among others. Recent Indiana University graduate Sonya, ." Jane Charney graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2005. She now works as a campaign
- Chai Wire: Rejected?!
- Photo of courtesy of JVibe Magazine.Itâ€™s that time of the year. You know, when seniors are watching their mailbo ...
- people that I transferred from the University of Michigan, the response is usually, "What, , it's hard to imagine why someone attending a prestigious Big Ten university would ever transfer, schools like the University of Michigan offer a kind of comfort. For me, going there meant I had, 1,100 students in Buffalo Grove, a suburb of Chicago, Ill., I thought size wouldn't be an issue, was for my happiness. I chose Columbia College Chicago because it boasted a great fiction-writing
- Hillel Names Four Students to Board of Directors
- Four new student members have been selected to join the Hillel International Board of Directors . Ruthie Charendoff (Northwestern University), Marisa Fernandez (Appalachian State University), Kevin Lieberman (University of Michigan) and Sami Rahamim (University of Minnesota) were selected from 17 applicants nationwide.
- to join the Hillel International Board of Directors. Ruthie Charendoff (Northwestern University), Marisa Fernandez (Appalachian State University), Kevin Lieberman (University of Michigan) and Sami Rahamim (University of Minnesota) were selected from 17 applicants nationwide. They join two current student Board members, Hannah Schlachter (University of Illinois) and Zach Wolff (NYU, at Northwestern University. “I hope to work on bridging the gap between students who connect more
- Jewish Student Injured in Northern Illinois University Shooting
- Remember NIU.Last week's Valentine's Day shooting at Northern Illinois University (NIU) claimed six lives, includi ...
- Jewish Student Injured in Northern Illinois University Shooting, Remember NIU. Last week's Valentine's Day shooting at Northern Illinois University (NIU) claimed six lives, including, of contact between university leadership and the surrounding Jewish community. Additionally, within, Beth Shalom of DeKalb, The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, Hillel: The Campus Foundation, at the University of Illinois, USD/Hagshama and Rabbi Kahn's Jewish Education Team have all wired
- Barriers to Israel-Study Abroad Programs, Hostile Faculty Top ICC Agenda
- Leading pro-Israel activists from 26 organizations discussed impediments to studying abroad in Israel and anti-Israel s ...
- also publicly recognized the Rutgers University Hillel Foundation and AIPAC for their innovative, to participate in study-abroad programs in Israel. An Indiana University student who recently returned, their return. ICC members are working with university officials to eradicate these barriers, University for its Israel Inspires campaign and to AIPAC for its Midwest Israel Summit. Israel Inspires, ."
Attendees hailed from throughout the country, including California, New York, Boston and Chicago