147 search results for University of Chicago
- Hillel International remembers Rabbi Max Ticktin z’l (1922-2016)
- Rabbi Max Ticktin was a national leader in the Hillel movement and former Hillel director at University of Wisconsin, Madison and the University of Chicago.
- director at University of Wisconsin, Madison and the University of Chicago. Starting in 1970, Ticktin, and wisdom to the world.” While at the University of Chicago, Ticktin created the Upstairs Minyan, International President and CEO Eric D. Fingerhut. Photo: George Washington University “Today the world has lost another great light,” the University of Wisconsin Hillel Foundation wrote on its Facebook page, , having retired as a professor of Hebrew Language and Literature at George Washington University in 2014
- Top Architects, Designers to Judge Hillel Sukkah Contest
- Environmental designer Mitchell Joachim one of Rolling Stone magazine's "100 People Who Are Changing America" wi ...
- Top Architects, Designers to Judge Hillel Sukkah Contest,
Environmental designer Mitchell Joachim one of Rolling Stone magazine's "100 People Who Are Changing America" will join Chicago, , as jurors for Sukkah City STL, a program of Hillel at Washington University in St. Louis. The design, , PhD, professor of Modern Hebrew Language and Literature in Washington University's College of Arts, of architecture in the university's Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts, will serve as jury chair.
- Hillel International’s Ezra Fellowship Expands to Enhance Jewish Education on College Campuses
- Ezra Fellows are young professionals with a passion for Jewish education who receive up to three years of training in pluralistic Jewish education.
- of Fellows include: Baruch College Beach Hillel (Long Beach, Ca.) Cornell University Greater Portland Hillel Metro Chicago Hillel Penn State University Tulane University University at Buffalo University of California, Berkeley University of California, Santa Cruz University of Maryland University of Miami University of Missouri, Columbia University of Virginia Washington University in St. Louis The 2016-17 Ezra Fellows received training at Hillel Institute
- Northwestern Hillel Confronts Holocaust Denial
- When Northwestern University Professor Arthur Butz publicly declared his support for the Holocaust denial statements of ...
- Northwestern Hillel Confronts Holocaust Denial, When Northwestern University Professor Arthur, Hillel Executive Director Adam Simon contacted students, university officials, lay leaders and Jewish community officials to craft a proper response to statements that Northwestern University, ."
"There are two ways to respond: ignore it or convert it into something positive," Simon told the Chicago, of Holocaust denial. He has promoted his views through his university-affiliated Web site and his 1976 book
- Two Illinois Hillels Receive Covenant Grants
- (Chicago, IL) Two Hillels, located within 20 miles of each other, have both received prestigious grants from The Cove ...
- $300,000 to be issued over the next three years. Fiedler Hillel at Northwestern University and Newberger Hillel at the University of Chicago will each receive $150,000 through 2011 to implement programs, , executive director of Newberger Hillel at the University of Chicago. "Hillel can become a 'university, Two Illinois Hillels Receive Covenant Grants, (Chicago, IL) Two Hillels, located within 20 miles, these groups. Meanwhile, Fiedler Hillel at Northwestern University (NU) in Evanston, Illinois
- GesherCity Jconnect
- By CINDY SHERAssociate Editor, JUF News ChicagoAs much as Greg Weintraub enjoys his chosen profession as a law clerk, he ...
- people upon graduating from law school at the University of Chicago. It can feel claustrophobic, and to the Jewish community of Chicago through a variety of programs. Hillel representatives first, a first priority," said Suzanne Schachter, director of GesherCity jconnect Chicago. "But if someone, with the mission to bridge (gesher means bridge in Hebrew) young adults to Jewish Chicago by providing them, organizations merged in November to become GesherCity jconnect Chicago, a partnership reflected
- Famed Jewish History Professor Jonathan Sarna writes about Hillel at 85 in JTA
- ," brutally murdered 14-year-old Bobby Franks in Chicago. Shocked B'nai B'rith leaders in Mobile, Ala, this summer, began independently in 1923 at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, and focused from, director at the University of Illinois, complained. Full article
- Student Presidents Represent Hillel at WUJS Congress
- Eight Hillel student presidents recently joined Jewish student leaders from around the world at the 2004 World Union of ...
- University, Ruth Yomtoubian of the University of Southern California, Rebecca Israel of Columbia University, Rachel Schiff of California State University-Fullerton, Adam Daum of Cornell University, Elana Sondel of the University of Minnesota, David Steinberg of the University of Illinois-Chicago and Jonathan Tannen of Florida State University were Hillel's representatives to the congress
- Announcing Hillel International’s 2018-2019 Student Cabinet
- Hillel International announced today the 19 members of the third cohort of the Hillel International Student Cabinet. The Cabinet allows Hillel International’s leadership to directly benefit from the advice, opinions and perspectives of Jewish college students from throughout the world.
- Charendoff, Northwestern, ‘19 Alice Chudnovsky, University of Illinois, Urbana–Champaign, ‘20 Reut Cohen, University of Toronto, ‘19 Mathew Ghan, Chapman University, ‘20 Natalie Grande, Bradley University, ‘19 Tatiana Haimenis, Brazil, ‘19 Sarah Holtz, Penn State University, ‘19 Isaac Johnston, University of Chicago, ‘19 Sam Kaminsky, University of Minnesota, ‘19 David Kulp, Emory University, ‘20 Jonah Levitt, McGill University, ‘21 Aliza Lifshitz, Barnard College, ‘20 Sophie Nadler
- to see their celebrations!
Which side are you on? At the University of Chicago, students get, has been a University of Chicago tradition since 1946 and has spread to numerous other schools, eaten during Purim)? Previous debate participants have included Nobel Prize winners and university