144 search results for University of Chicago
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Hillel Hotlines Have Sick Students Covered
- It's easy to miss home when you’re sick at school. Fortunately, many campus Hillels have a solution.
- is the same. The services — found at The University of Chicago Hillel, Michigan State University Hillel, Brown and Rhode Island School of Design Hillel, Hillel Jewish University Center of Pittsburgh at University of Pittsburgh and University of Michigan Hillel, to name just a few — remind students, there. Deborah Mills-Scofield, a parent of a University of Chicago student, recalled how she was able, in action below! Members of Michigan State University (MSU) Hillel prepare soup delivery packages
- Hillel Honors Eight Exemplars at Annual Staff Conference
- Eight outstanding Hillel professionals were awarded the Richard M. Joel Exemplar of Excellence Award for embracing th ...
- . University of Chicago Hillel Executive Director Dan Libenson named Hillel Exemplar. Dan, spectrum of students, have resulted in University of Chicago Hillel being perceived, Copans with Wayne Firestone. Keri CopansAssistant DirectorHillel at the University of California, DirectorHillel at University of Miami With charisma, character, and a bit of chutzpah, Yagudin, . New, positive relationships have been formed with lay leaders, faculty members, and university
- Honors Abound for Campus Hillels, Professionals and Student Leaders
- Hillel at LSU Advisor Dan Novak (back, right) and Hillel student leaders proudly display the awards they received fr ...
- these honors in the past year: Tali Ariav, the Jewish student life coordinator at University of Iowa, , won the Bridge Builders Award at the Martin Luther King, Jr. University/Community Banquet, ." The Hillel Jewish Student Center of Tampa received two awards from the University of South Florida. USF's, Impact Award. University of Florida Hillel Executive Director Keith Dvorchik was tapped as an honorary, , the president of the Va'ad/Hillel Student Coordinating Committee at University of Arizona Hillel
- Proud Moments for Jewish Life in Kansas
- I’m excited to see what lies ahead for me in the Hillel and Jewish world and feel truly fortunate to have found a place where I can learn, grow, and feel like I am making a difference in the world.
- Proud Moments for Jewish Life in Kansas, Judaism is a religion not a career…or so I thought. Growing up in a family full of business minded people, being Jewish was my religion but I had never thought of it as anything more. In 2009 I was working for a company in Chicago and began networking, and was promoted to her current position in July 2013. A graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and originally from the suburbs of Chicago, Carly is constantly amazed by how strong Jewish life
- KU Hillel Success Story: Matt Rissien nominated for Chicago’s Jewish 36 under 36
- KU Hillel Success Story: Matt Rissien nominated for Chicago’s Jewish 36 under 36, Matt Rissien, formerly of Overland Park, Kansas, was recently nominated for Double Chai in the Chi, Chicago’s Jewish 36 under 36 list. Nominees were selected for making a difference in their work and are leaders within the Jewish community. In 2011, Rissien graduated from the University of Kansas with a degree, Services at the Spertus Institute for Jewish Studies in Chicago next year.”
This story is cross-posted
- Hillel International to Convene Inaugural Student Cabinet
- Hillel International will convene a meeting of its first Student Cabinet on April 10-11, 2016.
Rachel Zucker, University of Chicago ‘18 About Hillel International, at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. “These students’ creativity and passion, ,” echoed Traylor, a senior at the University of Kansas. “The diversity of backgrounds and opinions, of the 2016-17 Cabinet members: Co-Founders
Hannah Schlacter, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ‘17
Evan Traylor, University of Kansas ‘16 Members
Gilad Atlacevitz, Hebrew University
- Russian Shabbaton Creates Community
- Russian students create community at a Shabbaton. By Jane CharneyNana Joseph didnâ€™t know what to expect ...
- the Loyola University Chicago sophomore, whose family came to the United States from Baku, Azerbaijan, event of Russian Hillel, a branch of Hillels Around Chicago that serves students and young, goal of the Russian Shabbaton is to create a sense of community," said Hillels Around Chicago Program
- Hillel International Honors Exceptional Professionals and Campuses
- At Global Assembly in Orlando, largest Jewish campus organization recognizes contributions of outstanding individuals, exemplary campus Hillels
- : Metro Chicago Hillel, and University of Maryland Hillel The Eleanor Meyerhoff Katz Innovation Award, , serving 15 campuses across the state Jason Oruch, Executive Director, University of Hartford, , Boston University Hillel Melissa Kansky, Director of Jewish engagement, Hillel at University of Virginia Karem Sandgarten, Director of Finance and Operations, University of Miami Hillel Rabbi Andrea Steinberger, University of Wisconsin Hillel Irina Dobkina, Executive Director, St. Petersburg Hillel
- Hillel and Chabad Meet at Shluchim Kinus
- Hillel President Wayne L. Firestone and Hillel Executive Vice President Ralph Grunewald recently attended the Chabad ...
- Hillel and Chabad Meet at Shluchim Kinus, Hillel President Wayne L. Firestone and Hillel Executive Vice President Ralph Grunewald recently attended the Chabad Shluchim Kinus in Stamford, CT at the invitation of Rabbi Menachem Schmidt of the University of Pennsylvania. More than 75 shluchim, : Univ. of Illinois at Chicago; Santa Monica College; Reed College; Texas A & M; Univ. of West Virginia; Temple University; College of New Jersey; Union College and the University of Leeds in the United
- New Orleans Hillel's "Reunion Road Trip" Helps Displaced Students Reconnect with Tulane Community
- Professionals from the Hillel Foundation of New Orleans have hit the road to reconnect with students from Tulane Univer ...
- with students from Tulane University who were dispersed around the country after Hurricane Katrina forced, the "Reunion Road Trip" on Oct. 28 at Boston University with a free Shabbat dinner for Tulane students, City this week, with other events planned throughout November in Philadelphia, St. Louis, Chicago, each year, most of whom attend Tulane University. Nathan and her staff have built an extremely