9 search results for AU Hillel
- Fighting Hunger: AU Hillel Tzedek Initiative
- AU Hillel partnered with American University Dining and the Public Health club to hold a sandwich-making event in our dining hall.
- Fighting Hunger: AU Hillel Tzedek Initiative, Ali Braun is the Tzedek (Social Justice) Intern at AU Hillel and has been working with Mazon to address hunger through policy work. Hunger. Whether we were hungry for change, hungry for solace, or actually just hungry for a meal, we’ve all, as the Tzedek Intern for Hillel, I partnered with American University Dining and the Public Health club, the partnership between Hillel and American University Dining in addressing food insecurity in the campus
- A Campus Gives Back for Thanksgiving
- Guest blogger Bethany Berger, a student leader and Tzedek (social justice) intern at American University Hillel, shares ...
- programs I have worked on as a part of my tzedek internship with AU Hillel. It was astounding how, . Through my internship with AU Hillel, I have been lucky enough to run successful programming, and empowering experience for me. I am truly thankful for all of the support Hillel and the AU, (social justice) intern at American University Hillel, shares the story of the Thanksgiving coin, , this week, students at American University (AU) proved this stereotype wrong. American
- What's in YOUR Torah?
- Simchat Torah is not one of those holidays that everyone takes off from classes. It isn't one of those holidays that you ...
- Torah last week?
It's because this year, the AU Jewish Student Association, along with AU Hillel, of the AU Jewish Student Association, as well as the Freshmen Engagement Intern for AU Hillel.
- My Jewish Journey, Guided by Hillel
- Sitting on the Board of Directors is one very small way I can begin to pay back Hillel for the experience it has provided to me.
- year, Jason Benkendorf, AU Hillel’s Executive Director, asked me to sit on the AU Hillel Board, My Jewish Journey, Guided by Hillel, I grew up in a non-Jewish neighborhood, surrounded by children, year that I found American University Hillel. A few friends mentioned Taglit-Birthright Israel to me, January, I went with more than 30 other AU Students on a trip to Israel that literally changed my life, and staring at the famous pile of shoes. Upon our return to AU, I began attending Shabbat dinners
- American University Students Explore Jewish India During Winter Break
- India is a popular destination for college-age Israelis, but if American University Hillel has anything to do with it, ...
- came from Nissim Reuben, a former graduate student at AU who now works at the American Jewish Committee. A native of India, Reuben approached AU Hillel Program Director Amy Levine with the idea, destination for college-age Israelis, but if American University Hillel has anything to do with it, it may soon become the "it" place to travel for American Jewish college students, too. Ten AU students, years, it could be gone."
So with Reuben's cousin Rephael as their guide, the AU students traveled
- Simchat Torah
- VP and AU Hillel freshmen engagement intern, writes in his post for the Hillel blog, “The Torah, , a student involved in the AU Jewish Student Association and AU Hillel. “The more we work to learn from one, , Log In
| Register Hillel welcomes students, . As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults, American University Hillel and the American University Jewish Students Alliance (JSA) unrolled 75 feet
- Feeding Their Jewish Hunger Hillel to Serve Gallaudet University Students
- by Aaron Leibel Washington Jewish Week Staff She set up a table at the university dining hall two weeks ago and wit ...
- Feeding Their Jewish Hunger Hillel to Serve Gallaudet University Students,
by Aaron Leibel, for Hillel at Gallaudet University.
"Every six minutes, a Jewish kid walked through that door and ran over to join Hillel," says Pepkowitz excitedly. "This exceeded my wildest expectations. These kids are hungry for Jewish contact, and I aim to feed them."
Hillel officially came to Gallaudet last, .
Pepkowitz wants Hillel at Gallaudet to become "the happening place" for local deaf Jews, the Hillel
- Start-ups brew at American University
- Israel may once have been known as the Land of Milk and Honey, but today it is the Start-up Nation.
- American University Hillel, TAMID at American University, American University Center for Israel Studies and the AU Center for Innovation, among others. The message: Israel may once have been known
- Hillel Names Student Exemplars
- At the 2008 Summit in Washington, D.C., Hillel named seven outstanding students from around the world as recipient ...
- . Additionally, Ari sits on the AU Hillel Board of Directors, using his experience and passion to help support, Hillel Names Student Exemplars, At the 2008 Summit in Washington, D.C., Hillel named seven, to Hillel students who exemplify leadership on campus and within the community and help advance Hillel's, and through their commitment to Hillel and the Jewish community have become role models, Cohen, University of KansasThroughout her four years at KU, Liz has been an integral part of Hillel's