43 search results for Tulane University:
- Tulane University
- Tulane University,
- Tulane Hillel Breaks Ground for New Hillel Facility
- Tulane Hillel President Carol B. Wise and Ben Sachs, senior vice-president and dean of Tulane Medical School.Tu ...
- by members of Tulane University and the New Orleans Jewish community to break ground on The Goldie, will also host Tulane University classes and events for the entire community. Rabbi Yonah, are fortunate to be working with Tulane University on this project. The university has been a great partner, both as an organization and a Jewish community at Tulane University." The $4 million building, . "Tulane University deserves a great Hillel and this new facility will place Tulane Hillel
- New Orleans Hillel's "Reunion Road Trip" Helps Displaced Students Reconnect with Tulane Community
- Professionals from the Hillel Foundation of New Orleans have hit the road to reconnect with students from Tulane Univer ...
- with students from Tulane University who were dispersed around the country after Hurricane Katrina forced Tulane to close for the fall semester. Jewish Student Life Coordinator Jody Portnoff kicked off the "Reunion Road Trip" on Oct. 28 at Boston University with a free Shabbat dinner for Tulane students, each year, most of whom attend Tulane University. Nathan and her staff have built an extremely, New Orleans Hillel's "Reunion Road Trip" Helps Displaced Students Reconnect with Tulane Community
- Hillel's Nathan Meets with President Bush
- New Orleans Hillel Executive Director Paige Nathan joined with 14 fellow Jewish educators in a private meeting with Pre ...
- the Tulane student community together through visits to host campuses. Bush encouraged students to return to Tulane University saying, "This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of a brand new community, and perseverance, many religious virtues."
The president praised Tulane President Scott Cowen as "an aggressive dude" who is helping Mayor Ray Nagin to rebuild the city. Alluding to the university's, dedicated to rebuilding the university.
"Be joyous in the chance to help revitalize a university," said
- New Orleans Students Start Over at Israeli Universities
- Realizing that Tulane University in New Orleans would have to cancel its fall semester due to the wrath of Hurricane Ka ...
- New Orleans Students Start Over at Israeli Universities, Realizing that Tulane University in New Orleans would have to cancel its fall semester due to the wrath of Hurricane Katrina, Gina Weintraub had to find an alternative — and fast.
"I was very confused," the 28-year-old social work student acknowledged. "I asked myself, 'Where should I go?' I was looking for a direction, and Israel provided it."
Weintraub decided to accept an invitation to study at Ben Gurion University
- Hillel Activists Earn AIPAC Recognition
- Hillel students, campuses and professionals received a raft of awards at the AIPAC annual Policy Conference in late May ...
- of the Year (Hillel professionals)
Rabbi David Kessel, University of Texas Hillel Foundation Executive Director
Rabbi Ed Rosenthal, Cornell University Hillel Executive Director
Ari Dubin, Duke University Hillel Activists of the Year (campuses)
University of California, San Diego
Washington University (St. Louis)
Michigan State University Duke Rudman Award (campus)
Cornell University Advocate of the Year (students)
Trevor Morton, Tulane
- "The Apprentice" Comes to New Orleans Hillel
- By Lila PinksfeldThe New Orleans Hillel community recently enjoyed a day of activities with George Ross, executive vi ...
- moved to Goldring/Woldenberg Hall, where he addressed more than 200 students at a Tulane University, the day. Among the 50 students in attendance were members of the Tulane Greek community. After Alpha
- Welcome Back, New Orleans Hillel!
- For those who had any doubt, New Orleans Hillel Assistant Director Jody Portnoff wants to set the record straight.&qu ...
- Director Jody Portnoff wants to set the record straight.
"New Orleans is back. Tulane is back," she proudly proclaimed.
After the first week of classes at Tulane University, one of several local, August, students were scattered to colleges around the country for the fall semester as Tulane picked, of Directors member Julie Wise Oreck, which drew hundreds of attendees, including the wife of Tulane University President Scott Cowen and university administrators.
"It was a great way to show
- New Orleans Hillel Prepares for Spring Semester
- Ask Tulane University students when they will return to campus, and they won't just give you the date that classes star ...
- New Orleans Hillel Prepares for Spring Semester, Ask Tulane University students when, to their Tulane schoolmates. Portnoff pointed to a Tulane student at Syracuse University as an example, , who relocated to Syracuse University for the semester.
"I'm just excited," said Megan Holstine, a sophomore who continued her studies at Cornell University this fall. "This semester has been a little stressful, but it made me appreciate Tulane more."
Like Thum and Holstine, hundreds of Jewish
- You Can't Fool the Youth: A Jewish Institutional Makeover
- "Hillel's not really my thing. That's not me." This is not what you want to hear as you're just taking over as the director at an organization that is supposed to be the go-to place for young Jews on campus.
- on campus.
Yet when I first took over the Hillel at Tulane University four years ago, in The Huffington Post Religion Blog
By Yonah Schiller, Executive Director of Tulane Hillel, at Tulane had been built on Jewish communal best practices, but what those best practices created did, , Tulane Hillel was built by Jewish professionals, and not by the people it wanted to reach. It wasn't Tulane students' thing because they did not create it. In 2008, it was run by students who had made