148 search results for University of Chicago
- A Very Hillel Chanukah
- A student lights a menorah made of reclycled materials at the Green Menorah contest hosted by Hillels Around ...
- to the trash? How about making a chanukiah, or menorah? Hillels Around Chicago (HAC) challenged its, " program where they sold compact fluorescent light bulbs to the Rutgers University community. While, . University of Maryland has reclaimed the world record of most people spinning a dreidel, their dreidel spinning skills to break the previously held record of 541. University of Michigan Hillel, day. Unfortunately, like Indiana University's attempt the previous week, Michigan's fell short
- Board Leadership - Hillel
- , Northwestern University
Lee Dranikoff, Short Hills, NJ
John Lowenstein, Chicago, IL
Larry Moses, New, , FL
David Yaffe, Washington, DC
Jordyn Zimmerman, Ohio University Emeritus Board Thomas A. Blumberg,
Eduardo S. Elsztain, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Abel Friedman, Chicago, IL
Michael Gamson, Houston, TX, , Miami, FL
Tina Price, Scarsdale, NY
Russ Robinson, Houston, TX
David Rosenberg, Chicago, IL
- Hillel Names Eight Student Exemplars of Excellence
- Hillel named eight outstanding Jewish student leaders as the 2003 Student Exemplars of Excellence. "These indiv ...
- and Susan Rudd Cohen.
The 2003 Student Exemplars of Excellence are: Art Institute of Chicago, , program director of the Hillels Around Chicago: Multi-Campus Center. "She believes it is her, University student Daniel Jonathan Hoffman of Givataim, Israel. "Daniel has opened Hillel's door, at Hillel. Daniel was also selected as one of Hebrew University's student delegates to Moscow to lead a Passover Seder, visit the elderly and celebrate Jewish life. The George Washington University
- Hillel Names Four Students to Board of Directors
- Four new student members have been selected to join the Hillel International Board of Directors . Ruthie Charendoff (Northwestern University), Marisa Fernandez (Appalachian State University), Kevin Lieberman (University of Michigan) and Sami Rahamim (University of Minnesota) were selected from 17 applicants nationwide.
- to join the Hillel International Board of Directors. Ruthie Charendoff (Northwestern University), Marisa Fernandez (Appalachian State University), Kevin Lieberman (University of Michigan) and Sami Rahamim (University of Minnesota) were selected from 17 applicants nationwide. They join two current student Board members, Hannah Schlachter (University of Illinois) and Zach Wolff (NYU, at Northwestern University. “I hope to work on bridging the gap between students who connect more
- Hillels Raise Money for Tsunami Survivors
- Jewish students have joined the outpouring of relief efforts for the millions affected by the Dec. 26 tsunami in South ...
- volunteers for future missions.
At the University of Chicago, Jewish Action, Hillel's community, University in Montreal, Hillel Student President Jason Portnoy found that the Concordia Student, sale."
Classes just started again today at New York University, and students and staff
- Israel on Campus Coalition Honors Top Pro-Israel Advocates at Semiannual Consultation
- Leading pro-Israel activists convened in Washington, DC, last week to celebrate the efforts of Jewish students who, amo ...
- annual Outstanding Collaborative Project Award to the Hillel at the University of Wisconsin, divestment efforts at several schools within the University of Wisconsin system. The award was also, University sophomore Benjamin Birnbaum was recognized for the Best Student-Authored Piece, , including New York, Connecticut, Chicago, Los Angeles, Orange County, Atlanta and Philadelphia
- Hillel, MASA Team to Promote Israel Opportunities
- Hillel is working with the MASA Israel Journey program of the Jewish Agency for Israel to promote "A Better St ...
- Business School, NYU's Stern School of Business, Duke University, and the University of Chicago. MASA, , experts like Bridget O'Connell, director of outreach and marketing for American University's career
- Hillel Interns Connect Jewish D.C.
- From left, Hannah Weinerman, Benjamin Ross, Stacy Jacobson, Benjamin Halbig, and Marisa Johnson.Attending a Whit ...
- old. University of Chicago student Ben Halbig considers his internship experience a success, to pinpoint why it appeals to me," says Hannah Weinerman, a rising junior at Cornell University. "I've had, was not involved in the Jewish community at Northwestern University until she joined the Campus Entrepreneurs
- Engaging with Success
- By being a hub for creativity and entrepreneurship, we allow our students to experiment in connecting their Jewish identities with everyday life.
- Engaging with Success, A year and a half ago, I finished my term as the Israel Fellow for Hillel at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Illini Hillel) and moved back to my home town, Tel, . With the strong support of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago and Hillel’s professional staff, Hire U, is the executive director of the Hillel at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He was Born, Tel Aviv University. His professional experience includes working in a community center in Tel Aviv
- Meet the ACCELERATE Class of 2015-2016
- Learn more about the participants and faculty of the fourth cohort.
- in Chicago and a Certificate in Experiential Jewish Education from Yeshiva University. Lior, and Director of Jewish Student Life at University of Chicago. She studied Anthropology and Religious Studies, , which serves nearly 6,000 Jewish undergraduates at the University of Maryland, College Park. Prior, for three years. Maiya received her BA in Sociology from Columbia University (Columbia College, University women’s softball team (NCAA Division I), and was elected team captain her junior and senior