148 search results for University of Chicago
- Mazel Tov to Hillel's 2012 Award Winners
- At Hillel Institute 2012 in St. Louis, Hillel was proud to present Richard M. Joel Exemplar of Excellence Awards to seven campus professionals, and Vision & Value Awards to six outstanding local Hillels.
- -Chicago's Levine Hillel Rabbi Debbie Pine, Executive Director at Johns Hopkins University Hillel Lena, as Executive Director of Levine Hillel Center at University of Illinois at Chicago. This year, Marla, serving UIC and campuses previously served by Hillels around Chicago such as DePaul University, University Chicago. Marla Baker & Patti Ray with Wayne Firestone 2012 Vision & Values Award, Award Winners: Sarah Cohen Portilla, Associate Director for New Initiatives at Rutgers University
- Radio "Sabbaba" Reaches Russian-Speaking Students in Chicago
- By Felix GrudskyMichael Khvilovsky takes off his headphones, smiles, waves good-bye to the hosts and quietly leaves t ...
- Grudsky is a graduate student at University of Illinois at Chicago and a JCRC/Hillel Russian Israel, Radio "Sabbaba" Reaches Russian-Speaking Students in Chicago, By Felix Grudsky
Michael, . Khvilovsky, an active member of Russian Hillel in Chicago, has just finished a short radio segment, for the guests—and a shelf with CDs. This Northbrook-based AM 1240 studio seems just like any other Chicago, and Russian Jewish life in Chicago.
The airtime is donated to Russian Hillel/Hillels Around Chicago
- Video: Rabbi Seth Winberg responds to SJP at DePaul
- Kol Hakavod to Rabbi Seth Winberg for his leadership in helping students respond to a hateful event organized by SJP on his campus and for his successful sharing of the story with the wider community.
- Video: Rabbi Seth Winberg responds to SJP at DePaul, Students for Justice in Palestine at DePaul University is raising funds for the legal defense of Rasmieh Odeh, a convicted killer who orchestrated a terrorist bombing at a Jerusalem market that killed two Hebrew University students in 1969. Odeh, Winberg and Metro Chicago Hillel hosted a peaceful vigil last night in memory of the victims of Odeh’s terrorist attack. Seth wrote a strong op-ed in the Chicago Sun Times before the vigil and spoke
- Hillel Intern Opposes Homophobia in Chicago
- University of Illinois, Chicago student Marina Pulik was so disturbed by incidents of intolerance against gays on U.S. campuses that ...
- Hillel Intern Opposes Homophobia in Chicago, It Gets/Make It Better at UIC from Kurt Esslinger on Vimeo. University of Illinois, Chicago student Marina Pulik was so disturbed by incidents, across eight campuses: The Ohio State University, University of Pennsylvania, University of Illinois, Chicago, University of Maryland, College Park, Penn State University, University of Washington, University of Toronto, and UCLA.
- Hillels Around Chicago Celebrates Innovative Decade
- By LISETTE DOLGIN Hillels Around Chicago held its Seventh Annual Shabbaton for Russian students in February 2010. ...
- not getting the same attention as students at campuses like Northwestern and University of Chicago, a special partnership between Hillels Around Chicago and DePaul University, DePaul Hillel is now, Hillels Around Chicago Celebrates Innovative Decade, By LISETTE DOLGIN Hillels Around Chicago, been happening in Chicago for over 10 years, reinventing the college experience for thousands of young local Jews. Hillels Around Chicago-the Hillel Foundation for Jewish students at Columbia College
- Remembering Saerree K Fiedler
- By Cindy Sher, Chicago JUF News Managing EditorSaerree K. Fiedler (on theÂ left in photo), who along with her late husba ...
- Remembering Saerree K Fiedler, By Cindy Sher, Chicago JUF News Managing Editor Saerree K, of Northwestern University's Louis and Saerree Fiedler Hillel Center, passed away on April 14, charities in Chicago as well as in Israel. Fiedler was both a Silver and Golden Circle member of the Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago. Saerree and Louis who themselves dated while active at the University of Illinois Hillel during their college years were always fond of Hillel and its mission
- 2017 Top 60 Schools by Jewish Population
- Below are the lists of the 2017 top schools Jews choose, as published in the Hillel College Guide Magazine. You’ll find the lists of the Top 60 Public Universities by Jewish Population, Top 60 Private Universities by Jewish Population and the Top 60 Schools Jews Choose – a breakdown by percentage.
- York, NY) Hofstra University (Hempstead, NY) University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) Harvard University, University (Chicago, IL)
Top 60 Schools Jews Choose (A breakdown by percentage) The following, % University of Chicago: 825 Jewish students, 14% Union College: 300 Jewish students, 14% New York, Universities by Jewish Population University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) University of Central Florida (Oviedo, FL) University of Maryland (College Park, MD
- Hillel Accredits 11 Foundations
- Meeting in Washington, D.C., the Hillel Board of Directors voted to grant accreditation to five Hillel Foundations and ...
University of Oregon Hillel
Hillel of Orange County
University of California - Santa Cruz Hillel
Hillel at the University of Delaware
Hillel at the Claremont Colleges in the Los Angeles
The Board voted to re-accredit the following campuses:
Hillel at the University of Florida, Gainesville
The Newberger Hillel Center at the University of Chicago
California State University Northridge Hillel
Hillel at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Hillel of Metro Detroit
- Mazel Tov to Hillel’s 2014 Award Winners
- Hillel presented eight Richard M. Joel Exemplar of Excellence Awards to campus professionals and seven Drive to Excellence Awards to campuses. Join us in congratulating our winners!
- , Baltimore County Hillel University of Chicago Hillel University of Maryland Hillel Hillel, . This year’s recipients are: Arinne Braverman, Northeastern University Hillel
Jon Falk, Johns Hopkins University Hillel
Rabbi Michelle Fisher, MIT Hillel
Rachel Hollander, University of Pennsylvania, Jewish Center at University of Virginia
Michael Simon, Fiedler Hillel at Northwestern University, Vision: Center for Jewish Life, Hillel at Princeton University
The Great Place to Work Award: Brown
- Chicago Students helps Kiev Hillel Write a New Page in Ukraine's Jewish History
- "Imagine, we were singing in the streets," said Vlad Kuperman, a University of Illinois, Chicago student originally from ...
- Chicago Students helps Kiev Hillel Write a New Page in Ukraine's Jewish History, "Imagine, we were singing in the streets," said Vlad Kuperman, a University of Illinois, Chicago student originally, Federation of Metropolitan Chicago. The Purim Project presents the opportunity for Jewish college students, students from universities in Chicago and Kiev, devoted to tzedek (social justice), leadership and self, , a student at International Solomon University in Kiev. "We saw the elderly peoples' eyes light up