106 search results for Northwestern University
- Young Leaders Praise Hillel
- Pershing Square Capital Management CEO Bill Ackman, financial analyst Emily Stecher and Park Avenue Synagogue Rabbi Ell ...
- that her participation in the Campus Entrepreneurs Initiative at Northwestern University Hillel gave, wife. Cosgrove praises University of Michigan Hillel Executive Director Michael Brooks for reaching
- Chicago Students Explore Jewish Identity through Dance
- By Felix Grudsky Passionate sounds of the eight-beat salsa rhythm fill a large basement room. Several couples hold han ...
- , a Northwestern University junior, is a member of the performance group and ballroom competition team, by the JCRC's Initiative for Israel on Illinois Campuses, took place recently at Northwestern Hillel, salsa skills," said Ilya Bunimovich, a junior at Northwestern and one of the program participants. "I, , a University of Illinois at Chicago student and a former member of another dancing ensemble in Vilnius, Grudsky is a graduate student at University of Illinois at Chicago and a JCRC/Hillel Russian Israel
- Jewish students deserve a break from BDS
- Just because Jewish students have been able to contend with the BDS movement doesn’t mean that they should have to.
- Jewish life and protecting it. Take the example of my alma mater, Northwestern University, of Northwestern’s Associated Student Government in favor of calling on the university to divest its, Jewish homeland. In the same academic quarter as the divestment vote, Northwestern students rushed to reaffirm their Jewish identities on and off campus. The situation at Northwestern — like the situation, of what universities are seeking to teach and model on campus. And university administrators should
- Hillel International Springboard Fellowship Welcomes Second Cohort, Expands Focus to Include Social Justice
- Continuing its drive to cultivate the next generation of Jewish leaders, Hillel International is expanding its Springboard Fellowship with a second cohort of 25 new participants for the next year of the program.
- Florida Atlantic University Northwestern University Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, N.Y.) UC, University Cornell University Hofstra University (Hempstead, N.Y.) Indiana University University of Arizona University of Maryland, Baltimore County University of Miami University of Pennsylvania University of Pittsburgh University of Rochester University of San Francisco University of Southern California Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond) Campus Hillels hosting
- Two-Line Torah: Vayishlach 5777 -- When estranged siblings reconnect
- In divisive times like ours, we may be afraid of reconnecting.
- at Northwestern University.
- Hillel Launches Campus Entrepreneurs Initiative
- The 2006-07 academic year will begin with an entrepreneurial spirit as Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life ...
- , pilot year of the program, 12-student teams at Northwestern University; University of Arizona; University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill; University of Maryland, College Park; University of California, Berkeley; University of California, Los Angeles; and University of California, San Diego, from a university administrator or student government leader. Though the initiative is limited
- Hillel Names Four Students to Board of Directors
- Four new student members have been selected to join the Hillel International Board of Directors . Ruthie Charendoff (Northwestern University), Marisa Fernandez (Appalachian State University), Kevin Lieberman (University of Michigan) and Sami Rahamim (University of Minnesota) were selected from 17 applicants nationwide.
- to join the Hillel International Board of Directors. Ruthie Charendoff (Northwestern University), Marisa Fernandez (Appalachian State University), Kevin Lieberman (University of Michigan) and Sami Rahamim (University of Minnesota) were selected from 17 applicants nationwide. They join two current student Board members, Hannah Schlachter (University of Illinois) and Zach Wolff (NYU, at Northwestern University. “I hope to work on bridging the gap between students who connect more
- Fitting In
- At Northwestern Hillel I could feel a sense of community that didn’t discriminate against others because of their background or human conditions.
- enrollment in graduate school at Northwestern University in 2009, fitting in was a significant, Northwestern University in the summer of 2015., , but the barriers tumbled once I became a graduate student. The Hillel building at Northwestern, in. During my first two years at Northwestern, most of my Hillel events were Shabbat services. I did
- Hillel Professionals and Campuses Honored
- Hillel professionals celebrate their achievements at the 2007 Professional Staff Conference.Hillel's Professional Sta ...
Assistant Director, Rutgers University Hillel Adam Simon
Executive Director, Northwestern University Hillel Rabbi Mike Uram Assistant Director and Campus Rabbi, University of Pennsylvania, Valley Development Award (2 winners) University of Massachusetts, Amherst Hillel Jewish University Center of Pittsburgh Meaningful Jewish Experience UCLA Hillel Great Place to Work Hillel, Danzig
Executive Director, Hillel at Stanford
Rabbi David Levy Rabbi and Advisor, Colgate University
- 2014 Top 60 Schools by Jewish Student Population
- The top school lists are collaboratively published in Reform Judaism Magazine’s RJ Insider’s Guide to College Life, in partnership with Hillel International.
- University (Washington, DC) Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) Yale University (New Haven, CT, 30 Private Universities by Jewish Population New York University (New York City) Boston University (Boston, MA) Yeshiva University (New York, NY) Columbia University (New York City) George Washington University (Washington, DC) Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) Tulane University (New Orleans, LA) Emory