148 search results for University of Chicago
- Hillel Soothes Parents' Worries about birthright israel Program
- By Felix GrudskyLiliya Sirotin had the usual look of a concerned Jewish mother as she was the first parent to walk in ...
- Iskayeva said. Felix Grudsky is a graduate student at University of Illinois at Chicago and the Russian Israel Intern for Hillels Around Chicago: Multi-Campus Center.
, fellow at Hillels Around Chicago: Multi-Campus Center, and Anna Polishchuk, Midwest regional director
- Announcing Hillel International’s 2018-2019 Student Cabinet
- Hillel International announced today the 19 members of the third cohort of the Hillel International Student Cabinet. The Cabinet allows Hillel International’s leadership to directly benefit from the advice, opinions and perspectives of Jewish college students from throughout the world.
- Charendoff, Northwestern, ‘19 Alice Chudnovsky, University of Illinois, Urbana–Champaign, ‘20 Reut Cohen, University of Toronto, ‘19 Mathew Ghan, Chapman University, ‘20 Natalie Grande, Bradley University, ‘19 Tatiana Haimenis, Brazil, ‘19 Sarah Holtz, Penn State University, ‘19 Isaac Johnston, University of Chicago, ‘19 Sam Kaminsky, University of Minnesota, ‘19 David Kulp, Emory University, ‘20 Jonah Levitt, McGill University, ‘21 Aliza Lifshitz, Barnard College, ‘20 Sophie Nadler
- Jewish Students Give Hillel Arts Programming "A+"
- It was supposed to be a typical meeting for Edgar's Book Club at New York University's Edgar M. Bronfman Center for Jew ...
- for Edgar's Book Club at New York University's Edgar M. Bronfman Center for Jewish Student Life, with a Jewish twist.
At the University of Kansas, the a cappella group Sharim Netzim ("singing hawks, with their identity and who they are as Jews," University of Kansas Hillel Executive Director Jay Lewis told, University, have sponsored film festivals featuring Israeli and Jewish-themed movies that many students would not see otherwise. Dartmouth University students who participated in their Hillel's Project
- Exemplars Named at Schusterman Hillel International Professional Staff Conference
- More than 600 Hillel professionals from around the world came together in December at the 2001 Schusterman Hillel Inter ...
- Rosenbloom Hillel Center for Jewish Student Life at the University of Maryland, College Park Executive Director Scott Brown; Clark University Hillel Director David Coyne; Director of Commuter Campus Services for Hillels Around Chicago Multi-Campus Center Ammi Field; Brandeis University Hillel, for Jewish Campus Life at the University of Toronto Director Michelle Lackie; and Hillel of Greater, Washington University, the Hillel Foundation at the University of Florida and University of Massachusetts
- Taglit-Birthright Israel: Hillel Trips Go Global
- Jewish students from Hillel Brazil spend time in Israel.For select students from the former Soviet Union, L ...
- . Petersburg, Russia shared their bus with 20 Russian-speaking students from Hillels Around Chicago, their Shabbat experience with students from Northwestern University Hillel, Hillel of Silicon Valley, are in Chicago? Is it safe to wear a yarmulke in St. Petersburg? How hard is it to serve
- New Class of Hillel Steinhardt Scholars Announced
- Hillel is pleased to announce this year's recipients of its prestigious Steinhardt Scholars Program. Participation in Hi ...
- and their Hillel Mentors are:Daniel Burg, 1998-99 JCSC, Newberger Hillel Center, University of Chicago. Daniel is attending the University of Judaism in LA, where he is pursuing a M.Ed. and rabbinical ordination, at the Block program, Wurzweiler School of Social Work at Yeshiva University. She currently serves, , is Robyn's Hillel mentor.Darren Levine, 1995-96 JCSC, University of Washington Hillel. Darren is enrolled, of Hillel at the University of Michigan, is Darren's Hillel mentor.Adam Simon, 1997-98 JCSC
- New Class of Hillel Steinhardt Scholars Announced
- Hillel is pleased to announce this year's recipients of its prestigious Steinhardt Scholars Program. Participation in Hillel's Steinhardt Scholars program is open to former JCSC Fellows following a competitive application process.
- and their Hillel Mentors are:
Daniel Burg, 1998-99 JCSC, Newberger Hillel Center, University of Chicago. Daniel is attending the University of Judaism in LA, where he is pursuing a M.Ed. and rabbinical, MSW at the Block program, Wurzweiler School of Social Work at Yeshiva University. She currently, Baltimore, is Robyn's Hillel mentor.
Darren Levine, 1995-96 JCSC, University of Washington Hillel, , Executive Director of Hillel at the University of Michigan, is Darren's Hillel mentor.
Adam Simon, 1997-98
- Campus Update, February 22, 2010
- Hereâ€™s a run-down of some of the biggest stories in Jewish student life:Freedom of Speech? Or Freedom to Interrup ...
- Hillel Center at the University of Chicago, penned a piece in which they propose a new way, at the University of California, Irvine were arrested for heckling Israeli Ambassador to the United States, it at Hillel's website. Latke vs. Hamentash: The Debate Rages OnlineJust in time for Purim, University of Chicago Hillel has put online videos of the last five years of its annual latke vs. hamentash, a blog post by Columbia University student Carly Silver reflecting on relations between observant
- Announcing Hillel International’s First-Ever Student Cabinet
- The 24 members of the richly diverse cohort represent the full spectrum of Jewish backgrounds, size and location of schools and area of study.
- , Hebrew University of Jerusalem ‘19 Rachel Zucker, University of Chicago ‘18, in the 21st century,” said Schlacter, a junior at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and expand the impact of Hillel International,” echoed Traylor, a senior at the University of Kansas, list of the 2016-17 Cabinet members: Co-Founders Hannah Schlacter, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ‘17 Evan Traylor, University of Kansas ‘16 Members Gilad Atlacevitz, Hebrew University
- Jewish Students Take Stand Against Violence in Darfur with Luxury Fast
- Jewish students joined thousands of their classmates, community members and social-justice advocates on Oct. 6 to call ...
- , a junior at Loyola University in Chicago, told the Chicago Sun-Times that Gedaliah reminds the Jewish, , a student and STAND coordinator at Georgetown University, where the movement began last fall. "One, in Darfur is certainly one step toward that. Hillel at Loyola University helped organize the campus, refugees.Brown University's Darfur Action Network held a candlelight vigil and collected more than $1,200