105 search results for Northwestern University
- Fitting In
- At Northwestern Hillel I could feel a sense of community that didn’t discriminate against others because of their background or human conditions.
- enrollment in graduate school at Northwestern University in 2009, fitting in was a significant, Northwestern University in the summer of 2015., , but the barriers tumbled once I became a graduate student. The Hillel building at Northwestern, in. During my first two years at Northwestern, most of my Hillel events were Shabbat services. I did
- Spring Break, Hillel style
- This spring, local Hillels from the United States sent more than 30 delegations of students and professionals on Alternative Spring Breaks to volunteer and serve local communities during school vacation.
- graders complete at puzzle at Jackson State University. Virginia Tech: Cuba
Virginia Tech Hillel, in San Juan Comalapa, Guatemala. Northwestern Hillel: Krakow and Berlin
The Northwestern Hillel
- Taglit-Birthright Israel: Hillel Trips Go Global
- Jewish students from Hillel Brazil spend time in Israel.For select students from the former Soviet Union, L ...
- their Shabbat experience with students from Northwestern University Hillel, Hillel of Silicon Valley, . "It was incredible to realize that they knew the same songs we learned," remarked Northwestern student and trip
- At Offit Gala, Young Professional Stecher Praises Hillel
- Emily Stecher is a 2009 graduate of Northwestern University. Below are her remarks to the May 25, 2011 Hillel: Founda ...
- of Northwestern University. Below are her remarks to the May 25, 2011 Hillel: Foundation for Jewish Campus, at Northwestern University for my freshman year in 2005, they helped me to unpack, they gave me a big hug, engagement effort.For years, my parents had urged me to go on a Birthright trip, but Northwestern's calendar, . Working with my fellow Northwestern Campus Entrepreneurs, we recruited students to fill a bus, and the next September 35 Northwestern students spent 12 fabulous days in Israel. I'm very proud to say
- Hillel Names Staff Exemplars of Excellence
- (WASHINGTON, D.C., February 2, 2001) â€“ Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life, has named eight staff members fr ...
- at USC Hillel; Rachel Spiro, interim director of Northwestern University Hillel; and Joseph Kohane, director of Ohio State University Hillel."Exemplars are bright and dedicated visionaries, unassuming, of University of California, San Diego Hillel; Andrea Hoffman, director of Hillel of Milwaukee; Eliyahu Bareket, director of Beit Hillel at Hebrew University; Maurice Krikheli, director of Tblisi Hillel
- Praying for Peace: Hillels respond to violence in Israel
- In light of the current events in Israel, Hillels around the country, individually and in partnership with other campus organizations, are coming together to pray, rally, reflect, discuss and heal.
- of the Roots project who will share their work. Last Friday, about 75 members of the Northwestern University, At the University of Michigan, more than 300 students joined together as a community on the Diag to express, , a student whose family moved to Israel and canceled their visit for George Washington University’s, to an article published in the New Jersey Jewish News. At the University of Florida, UF Hillel, Friedman. Community conversations Northwestern Hillel will host “Unlikely Partners for Peace
- New Hillel Directors Gather at International Center for Training
- Last week, 16 new Hillel directors from campuses across the United States gathered at the Schusterman International C ...
- , engage students, foster university relations and communicate effectively with lay leadership. Lisa Kudish, the new Hillel director at Northwestern University, was particularly affected, at Northwestern University." The new directors represented campuses in Alabama, California, Illinois, director at Lehigh University Hillel, said networking with his peers also enhanced the experience
- Chicago Students helps Kiev Hillel Write a New Page in Ukraine's Jewish History
- "Imagine, we were singing in the streets," said Vlad Kuperman, a University of Illinois, Chicago student originally from ...
- Schneider is a junior at Northwestern University., singing in the streets," said Vlad Kuperman, a University of Illinois, Chicago student originally, , a student at International Solomon University in Kiev. "We saw the elderly peoples' eyes light up when they recognized Hebrew and Yiddish songs," said Abby Schneider, a junior at Northwestern University. "We held the hands that reached out to us when we danced the hora, and we tasted the dozens
- Hillel professionals, campuses honored at Hillel International Global Assembly
- Hillel International presented more than 25 awards to its talented professionals and innovative campuses at its fourth-annual Global Assembly on Dec. 5.
- Fellow at Northwestern Hillel, was honored for her commitment to fostering a pro-Israel community, annual Yom Ha’Atzmaut celebration into Northwestern Israel Week, an event featuring celebration, into a 10-week educational fellowship. MIT Hillel and the Brody Jewish Center of the University, Fellow at Northwestern Hillel Campus Award Recipients
The Campus Partnership Award: Hillel at Maryville University and The Oregon Hillel Foundation
The Eleanor Meyerhoff Katz Innovation
- Hillel Interns Connect Jewish D.C.
- From left, Hannah Weinerman, Benjamin Ross, Stacy Jacobson, Benjamin Halbig, and Marisa Johnson.Attending a Whit ...
- was not involved in the Jewish community at Northwestern University until she joined the Campus Entrepreneurs, at Northwestern from Baltimore, MD. "We are hoping to cater to niches that interns are interested, to pinpoint why it appeals to me," says Hannah Weinerman, a rising junior at Cornell University. "I've had, old. University of Chicago student Ben Halbig considers his internship experience a success