148 search results for University of Chicago
- Second Annual Russian Shabbaton Helps Participants Deal with Questions of Identity, Assimilation
- By Jane CharneyFor Zlata Karpas, the recent Russian Shabbaton was a chance to reawaken the Russian culture with which ...
- and thus learn more about myself."
Karpas, who had to drive for almost seven hours to get to Chicago, by Hillels Around Chicago, Chicago birthright israel Alumni Committee and the JUF/JCRC/Hillel Israel, as Chicago suburbs and as far as New York, Maryland, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Missouri and Indiana, be hard even in Chicago, which has a large population of Russian Jewish immigrants. Whether, Campus Service Corps fellow at Hillels Around Chicago: Multi-Campus Center.
Titled "Yisroyl Iz
- Hillels Around Chicago Expand
- By Ammi FieldJanuary 27, 2003 -- Serving commuter students in Chicago has always been a priority for The Hillels of I ...
- eight campuses in and throughout Chicago including DePaul University, Northeastern Illinois University, Hillels Around Chicago Expand, By Ammi Field
January 27, 2003 -- Serving commuter students in Chicago has always been a priority for The Hillels of Illinois, but in the fall of 1999 things changed. As a recipient of a priority grant from the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, Around Chicago: Multi-Campus Center (HAC).
Under the lay leadership of Dan Wander and Wendy
- DePaul Reinstates Hummus...Temporarily
- (From the Chicago JUF News)A nationally coordinated boycott effort aimed at Sabra hummus (a joint American-Israeli owned ...
- Chicago's DePaul University. Last month, a Philadelphia grocery store was the scene of a "guerrilla, Chicago campuses. Last week, university personnel asked them to temporarily suspend the sale of Sabra, DePaul Reinstates Hummus...Temporarily, (From the Chicago JUF News)
A nationally, on Palestine submitted a referendum to the university opposing Sabra's sale on campus. On Monday, it re, that appropriate university processes were not followed. Moments ago, DePaul issued an updated statement
- 2014 Top 60 Schools by Jewish Student Population
- The top school lists are collaboratively published in Reform Judaism Magazine’s RJ Insider’s Guide to College Life, in partnership with Hillel International.
- ) University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) Oberlin College (Oberlin, OH) DePaul University (Chicago, IL) Top, 30 Private Universities by Jewish Population New York University (New York City) Boston University (Boston, MA) Yeshiva University (New York, NY) Columbia University (New York City) George Washington University (Washington, DC) Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) Tulane University (New Orleans, LA) Emory
- 2015 Top 60 Schools by Jewish Student Population
- The lists of the 2015 top schools Jews choose, as published in the Hillel College Guide Magazine. Check out the Top 60 Public Universities by Jewish Population, Top 60 Private Universities by Jewish Population and the Top 60 Schools Jews Choose – a breakdown by percentage.
- ) DePaul University (Chicago, IL) Full Sail University (Oviedo, FL) Princeton University (Princeton, Jewish students, 15% University of Florida: 5,000 Jewish students, 15% University of Chicago: 800, Guide web page. Top 60 Public Universities by Jewish Population
Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) University of Central Florida (Oviedo, FL) University of Maryland (College Park, MD) Pennsylvania State University (University Park, PA) University of Florida (Gainesville, FL
- Rapid Response Yields Large Jewish Turnout for Anti-Zionist Speaker at Carnegie Mellon University
- Jewish community members showed up in large numbers for Norman Finkelstein's appearance at Carnegie Mellon University l ...
- , an assistant professor of political science at DePaul University in Chicago and author, Rapid Response Yields Large Jewish Turnout for Anti-Zionist Speaker at Carnegie Mellon University, Jewish community members showed up in large numbers for Norman Finkelstein's appearance at Carnegie Mellon University last week, thanks to efforts by the United Jewish Federations to recruit, of History," was brought to CMU under the University Lecture Series and the Palestinian Awareness Series
- College Guide-Tags
- Chicago Columbia College of Missouri Columbia University Columbus State, Loyola University Maryland Loyola University, Chicago Loyola University, New Orleans, University of Central Oklahoma University of Chicago University of Cincinnati, , Chicago University of Iowa University of Kansas University of Kentucky, of Art University Acadia University Adrian College Agnes Scott College
- Latke vs. Hamentash: Online at Last!
- Nature vs. nurture. Democrats vs. Republicans. Red Sox vs. Yankees. Chocolate vs. vanilla. All of the worldâ€™s gre ...
- -Hamantash Debate. Now, just in time for Purim, University of Chicago Hillel has put online videos, . The latke hamentash debate was created by Hillel at the University of Chicago in 1946 and has, Cernea was published by the University of Chicago Press in 2006. Previous speakers have included past University of Chicago president Hanna Holborn Gray, philosopher Martha Nussbaum, Nobel Prize, customs are observed at the University of Chicago; the debaters must have gained a Ph.D.
- Hillel Professionals Earn Top Awards
- Three Hillel professionals received national and local recognition for their contributions to Jewish education. Daniel ...
- of the Newberger Hillel Center at the University of Chicago, was named one of the top ten Jewish Chicagoans of the Year by the Chicago Jewish News. Rabbi Yehuda Sarna of the Bronfman Center for Jewish Student Life at New York University was given the university's Student Affairs Hallmark Award. Dr, and a Covenant Foundation Signature Grant.Read more at the Chicago Jewish News Rabbi Yehuda Sarna Rabbi, Life and university chaplain, was given NYU's Student Affairs Hallmark Award. The award recognizes
- Northwestern Hillel Confronts Holocaust Denier
- After a Northwestern University professor discussed his denial of the Holocaust and support for the Iranian president i ...
- Northwestern Hillel Confronts Holocaust Denier, After a Northwestern University professor discussed his denial of the Holocaust and support for the Iranian president in the Chicago Tribune over the weekend, the Louis and Saerree Fiedler Hillel Center at Northwestern University is helping channel, : ignore it or convert it into something positive," Executive Director Adam Simon told the Chicago, ."
According to the Chicago Tribune, Arthur Butz, a tenured professor who has taught electrical