148 search results for University of Chicago
- Hillel International to Convene Inaugural Student Cabinet
- Hillel International will convene a meeting of its first Student Cabinet on April 10-11, 2016.
Rachel Zucker, University of Chicago ‘18 About Hillel International, at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. “These students’ creativity and passion, ,” echoed Traylor, a senior at the University of Kansas. “The diversity of backgrounds and opinions, of the 2016-17 Cabinet members: Co-Founders
Hannah Schlacter, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ‘17
Evan Traylor, University of Kansas ‘16 Members
Gilad Atlacevitz, Hebrew University
- Hillel Names 2004 Lay Leaders Exemplars of Excellence
- Hillel named seven outstanding lay leaders as 2004 Exemplars of Excellence. The award recognizes individuals whose work ...
- at Binghamton University. Through times of transition he has provided support and has also built, at The George Washington University Board president.Krame became president of the GWU Hillel Board, and attracted many new members. • Maury Fertig, Deerfield, IL, Hillel at the University, of Directors member.Despite the relative remoteness of this Hillel, Fertig helped University of Illinois, in Chicago with the Chicago Federation's Jewish United Fund to create a real working relationship between
- Hillel Honors Professionals for Contributions to History and Future
- Three remarkable educators were honored with Hillel's 85th Anniversary Alumni Award at the organization's Professional S ...
- from 1950 to 1964. Subsequently he served as the Hillel director at the University of Chicago from, at the University of Chicago Max created the "Upstairs Minyan" which became a model for the emerging, , a similar group.At both the University of Chicago and other places Rabbi Ticktin forged the path, University, and Rhoda Weisman, founding executive director of the Professional Leaders Project. PHOTO, Rabbi Jennie Rosenn served as Associate Jewish Chaplain of Hillel at Columbia University and Barnard
- Lay Leaders Build on their Strengths at Midwestern Hillels Lay Leadership Institute
- The Windy City welcomed 100 Hillel lay leaders representing campuses from all over the central United States and Canada ...
- regional program of the year, took place on the campus of Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill, century. Several university officials and faculty members and professionals from other Jewish, Wander, strategic planning chair of Hillels Around Chicago: Multi-Campus Center Board
- Getting Tested: Why College Jews Need To Know Now
- Freshman year, Shoshana Rosen took a test that determined her future. While working as a camp counselor in Pennsylvan ...
- the Chicago Center. Because Metz, a agraduate of UC Irvine and Buchbinder, a Northwestern University, of genetic testing awareness to heart and in 2006, her senior year at the University of Pittsburgh, she, University of Pennsylvania as well as nearby Temple University and Drexel University. Awareness, , California and Massachusetts. And Yeshiva University offers screening for its students through Dor, to Michelle Gilats, genetic counselor for Children's Memorial and the Chicago Center for Jewish
- Recent Pro-Israel Activities
- As the fall 2003-2004 semester draws to a close, Hillels around the world have continued to sponsor a variety of pro-act ...
- , University of Illinois at Chicago, University of Chicago and Northern Illinois University were, of Chicago this academic year from Tel Aviv University; and "Israel & the United Nations: Prospects, UniversityAmerican University students had a Table Talk and Tie Dye event in early December. Israeli students, as a student in Israel. After the questions, students tie-dyed the new American University Students, brought former Prime Minister Shimon Peres via satellite to Binghamton University. Peres spent one hour
- A Different Kind of International Relations
- Spending a week in sunny South America would sound appealing to many college students looking to get away from the cold ...
- University senior. "Thinking about in one week the topics we covered and the extent to which we covered them, of students from San Diego State University for the second year in a row, where they worked closely, to combine community service with more of a traditional spring break, the Hillels at the University of Central Florida, University of Florida, and University of South Florida teamed up to sponsor, campuses in Chicago and Baltimore instead traveled east for a week in Kiev and Odessa, Ukraine
- Students Around the World Respond to Gaza Conflict
- Student volunteers at IDC Herzliya Hillel show their support by sorting care packages for IDF soldiers.As this wint ...
- , Loyola University in Chicago, Illinois held a candle-lit memorial service for the Israelis, respond to any false accusation," explained Marcela Liberman, a student from the Rural University, , and dancing, the coalition of student groups from Toronto's York University took pride in their turnout. Daniel Ferman, President of York University Hillel and a student member of Hillel, and Experience) and the University Ministry. Also in the United States, the Muslim Student
- Hillels Win Wide Range of Awards
- Hillel strives to promote excellence in its ongoing commitment to students and through its innovative programming. Eve ...
- about Jewish campus and community organizations. Hillel at Loyola University Chicago received, to student life. Purdue University Hillel received the 2004 Student Organization Leadership Co, " presented by Mike Reiss, producer of "The Simpsons." The program was part of Purdue University's Project Respect week of diversity. The Purdue University Mortar Board presented the 2004 Dean Nelson, as a possibility for their future.Boston University Hillel was recognized by the Dean of Students and Student
- Student Leaders Shine at Third Russian Shabbaton
- By Jane CharneyIlana Gitman's red T-shirt said it all: "Kiss me. I'm Jewish." The shirt was only too appropriate for ...
- ago at Hillels Around Chicago: Multi-Campus Center, has evolved into an annual tradition, organizer Misha Zilbermint, a program associate at Hillels Around Chicago. "This way, they can easily, of a mezuzah, a photo of Tel Aviv and a map of Russia, among others. Recent Indiana University graduate Sonya, ." Jane Charney graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2005. She now works as a campaign