Explore Hillel at York UniversityHillel at York features incredible Shabbat dinners, daily opportunities for a wide variety of Jewish learning, Israel advocacy, and community service. Our Hillel provides students from all walks a life an opportunity to explore their Jewish Identity through the many strands of Jewish Life.
*Percent of population
*Percent of population
- Served by Hillel Yes
- Religious Services Available Yes
- Rabbi/Jewish Educator on Campus Yes
- Kosher Food Available Yes
- Birthright Israel Participation Yes
- Alt Break Participation No
- Jewish Studies Offered Yes
- Jewish Studies Major or Minor Minor, Major, Certificate
- Study Abroad in Israel University sponsored program, University approved programs, Accepts credit for Israel study abroad
- Israel Fellow No
Additional Campus Information
- Private/Public Public
- Acceptance Rate 27%
- U.S. Region N/A
- Commuter/Residential Commuter
- Tuition In-State $5,265
- Tuition Out-of-State $24,051
- Out-of-State/Int’l 5% / 20%
- Greek Life No
Check out some of the scholarships available for York University Jewish undergraduate students.
Awards are available to graduate and undergraduate students to study and/or conduct research at the Hebrew University. Preference will be given to students who have completed two years at York and who return to York from Israel for at least one year, and who are enrolled in the Jewish Teacher Education program.
Given annually to a graduate or undergraduate student who has demonstrated interest in Holocaust studies by virtue of course work or research projects. The award may be Used for study in Israel and is based on demonstrated financial need.
Awarded bi-annually to a York student specializing in, or interested in, the field of Judaic studies, who wishes to further their studies at an institution of higher learning in Israel.
The Hillel College Guide aims to provide you with a snapshot of each local Hillel’s makeup and offerings. We recognize that there may be more information you need in order to better understand the campus reality, particularly around issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. If you would like additional information about a given campus’ offerings or action steps in those areas, please reach out to us at [email protected].