Middle East Conflict Resources
Use our library of resources to educate yourself on the nuances and complexities of the Middle East Conflict.
Learn, Educate, and Take Action
The Middle East Conflict can’t be treated as a binary issue. You can focus on reading, listening, or following the resources below to help expand your knowledge and perspectives regarding the conflict. We encourage you to make commitments to yourself and your campus Hillel to ensure you engage with learning efforts for the long haul.
1. Letters to My Palestinian Neighbor by Yossi Klein Halevi
2. Israel: A Simple Guide to The Most Misunderstood Country on Earth by Noa Tishby (Complete this form to receive a free copy.)
3. The War of Return by Einat Wilf
4. Zahav: A World of Israeli Cooking by Michael Solomonov and Steven Cook
1. What is Happening in Israel? A Panel with Miri Eisin, Khaled Abu Toameh, and Dennis Ross on [email protected]
2. Tune In or Tune Out: Antisemitism and the War Against Israel on Social Media on [email protected]
3. Following Israel on Social Media: Voices to Trust on [email protected]Home
4. Q&A with Yossi Klein Halevi, Author of “Letters to My Palestinian Neighbor” on [email protected]
1. @awiderframe: Eden Cohen is the president and founder of A Wider Frame, an independent outlet providing nuance and context to all news related to Israel and the Jewish people, in order to help educate, connect, and engage readers on issues important to the Jewish world.
2. @blackjewishmagic: Born in Ethiopia, Ashager Araro is the woman breaking down barriers in Israel. Her career in diplomacy and social advocacy brought her to countries around the world to engage audiences as a proud black, Jewish, and Israeli woman. Active on social media, she uses her significant presence on Twitter and Instagram to speak on crucial topics and shed light on the diversity of the Jewish people.
3. @yosephhaddad: Yoseph Haddad, an Israeli Arab born in Haifa, has dedicated his life to showcasing the truth about the State of Israel within the international community, to fight BDS, and to improve relations between Arabs and Jews by bridging social gaps in Israel. He’s now a renowned lecturer, and addresses diverse communities, groups, and students across the globe. Yoseph has been named as one of the top 50 most influential pro-Israel voices online by Social Lite Creative and one of the top 40 digital influencers for Israel by JNS.
4. @zionessmovement: The Zioness Movement is a proud progressive and unapologetically Zionist group of Jewish activists and allies who are fighting together for progressive domestic policies and values. They’re committed to fighting for Zionism and the inclusion of Zionists in social justice spaces, as Zionism is a progressive value and a movement for the liberation and national self-determination of the Jewish people in their indigenous homeland. Zioness recognizes that, far too often, American Jews are presented with a false binary choice: one must choose to either be an American progressive and a Jew, or a Zionist.