Sign the letter to add your name on the Global Women Leaders’ Letter condemning Hamas’ brutal attack, demanding all hostages receive the humanitarian aid that International Law requires, and imploring the release of all hostages.
Use this templates to contact elected officials to make your voice and concerns heard.
In a brief message, share what you are experiencing, how it is impacting you, and what support you need from your university right now. Please review a sample email below you can use and adapt, asking for understanding from a professor if you need extra understanding and time.
Organized by Hillel Israel, all funds raised will benefit Israeli college students who are deeply impacted by the war and in need of support.
When terror strikes, the emotional toll is unimaginable. The Jewish Agency for Israel’s Fund for Victims of Terror seeks to lighten that load in the wake of a crisis by offering immediate financial aid to individuals and families affected by terror, and longer term support to recover from trauma as victims begin to rebuild their lives.
Israel’s National Emergency Pre-Hospital Medical and Blood Services Organization. Magen David Adom has activated all 1,400 of its existing ambulances, as well as its Medicycles, helicopters, and all other vehicles. EMTs and paramedics are treating the wounded, often while under rocket attack and gunfire themselves. Help is needed to put more ambulances on the road and to replenish supplies for EMTs and paramedics and for MDA’s blood services division.
This global NGO is based in Tel Aviv with a mission of supporting people around the globe affected by crises like natural disasters, post-conflict situations, and epidemics. In response to the current crisis, the group is providing support for families evacuated from communities near the Gaza border, housing evacuees, and supporting children and families in their recovery.
As the leading global Jewish humanitarian organization, JDC rescues Jews in danger, provides aid to vulnerable Jews, develops innovative solutions to Israel’s most complex social challenges, cultivates a Jewish future, and leads the Jewish community’s response to global crises like natural disasters, public health emergencies, and more. JDC’s emergency fund will provide psychosocial training for frontline responders and economic assistance to those impacted by the war, particularly in Southern Israel.
Antisemitism on campus has reached its highest rates following the terrorist attack on Israel on Oct. 7. Make a gift to Hillel International or a campus Hillel.
Engaging in acts of service to help others has the tremendous power to provide opportunities to connect to community and strengthen our resolve to build a better future for all people. Participating in service in your local community can have ripple effects that extend in far-reaching ways. You can use Hillel’s Guidelines for Ethical Volunteer Service to guide your planning. Some ideas include:
- Host or participate in a blood drive
- Organize a food drive
- Partner with campus/community organizations for a day of service
- Plant a tree in real life, or virtually
- Organize visits to a senior living facility
- Share love and support with those affected by tragedy, such as individuals with close family or friends directly affected
- Share support by sending a WhatsApp message, email, or DM
- Message Template: “Dear xxxx, just want you to know that I’m thinking of you, and can’t imagine how hard things are for you right now. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to support you. – signed…”
- Check in on your friends who may have close friends or family in the region
- Host people in your dorm or living space and provide comfort snacks and hot cocoa
- Hillel International has joined dozens of Jewish organizations that have come together to launch the Blue Ribbon Campaign. The blue ribbon symbolizes support and solidarity with the hostages taken captive by Hamas, their families, and all who care about their safety. Ways to promote #BlueRibbonsforIsrael:
- Order a blue ribbon through the website link options
- Add a ribbon to your social media profile
- Hand out blue ribbons
- Take a photo and use #BlueRibbonsforIsrael