Hillel International Student Board Member Applications Now Open
The Hillel International Board of Directors is excited and honored to invite applications for the four open Student Board Member positions on the Hillel International Board of Directors. There is a total of six Student Board Members.
Hillel’s Board of Directors is comprised of a diverse cohort of leaders, including students, those involved in a local Hillel, Foundation professionals, thought leaders in the Jewish community and other champions and deeply invested donors. Student members, who individually and collectively are driven to fulfill Hillel’s bold mission, add an important voice and bring a perspective that is vital to the work of the Board as a whole. They work collaboratively, creatively and passionately with other stakeholder members of the Board and Hillel’s professional staff to advance the organization. They are engaged in strategic thinking to hone the organization’s direction.
The nominations process seeks to ensure a geographic, gender and age balance with individuals from around the world in countries served by Hillel.
Each student representative is expected to:
- Understand and commit to Hillel’s vision of inspiring each student to make an enduring commitment to Jewish Life, and its mission of enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world;
- Value a pluralistic and inclusive environment that fosters student growth and empowerment, advances social justice and provides Jewish learning and spirituality;
- Build bridges to campus and community;
- Contribute to Hillel based on the Board Giving Policy. Student members are expected to fundraise or make a personal minimum gift* of $100;
- Attend and fully participate in three Hillel board meetings, including the Winter 2016, Spring 2017 and Fall 2017 convenings. Each meeting will take place over a two-day period and will include on-site committee meetings and a full board business meeting. Hillel covers costs for transportation and lodging; and
- Actively serve in additional capacities to supplement leadership on the Board when requested.
- Student members must graduate between the spring of 2018 and 2019, serve for a one-year term and fully participate in the Board experience;
- Students must be enrolled in school throughout their term and may not remain on the Board post-graduation.
- Those planning a semester-or year-abroad during their term must be able to participate in the meetings via video conferencing.
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application materials. If you have any questions, please direct them to Dan Rosenberg.
*We do not discriminate based on socioeconomic status. We are looking forward to helping anyone throughout the fundraising process to meet this goal. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Sheila Katz.
Download the application here (PDF).
B’Hatzlacha (Best of Luck),
Tina Price Estee Portnoy
Hillel International Board of Directors Nominating Committee