Finding Home in the Hillel Sukkah
At the time, I didn’t fully understand Sukkot as a celebration of hospitality, community, gratitude, and joy. College changed that.
What’s happening on campus? Hear from students, professionals, and Hillel community members whose lives have been impacted by Hillel and who impact the world with their voices and stories. Share your story with us!
223 results
At the time, I didn’t fully understand Sukkot as a celebration of hospitality, community, gratitude, and joy. College changed that.
Every fall, Jewish students arrive on campus for the new academic year and the High Holidays, carrying pieces of home with them.
When I was a first-year college student, I celebrated Rosh Hashanah and fasted on Yom Kippur for the very first time.
Last week, I moved across the country to start my first year at the University of Southern California.
I’m still thinking about what I learned at the Hillel International Ruach Fellows’ Summer Shabbaton this August
I became a rabbi because someone at Hillel believed I could be one before I believed it myself.
You were hired because of who you are. You’ll learn new skills. You’ll grow in ways you can’t imagine.
There’s a teaching in Pirkei Avot that says, “Make for yourself a teacher and acquire for yourself a friend.”
If I could offer one piece of advice to new professionals, it’s this: lean into the joy of this work.
Some of my clearest memories of West Point are from Friday nights at Hillel.